So, some of you (you know, all of the three followers I have right now.....lol) may be curious as to what the story is behind the blog title? It appears to be a religious"y" title, yet I haven't even spoken about God or faith once so far.
Well, I really am a faith"y" kind of person. My brief background on my faith - I was born and raised a Catholic. My grandparents (both maternal and paternal) are staunch catholics, my parents - not-so-much. We went to church growing up, but not every sunday like my grandparents did. I went to a Catholic school my whole life, except for college. So I've always known God and He has always been a part of my life, but, sadly, not a big part. During college, when I'd go through those turbulent times (that every typical 20 something goes through) I'd attend church services on my own once in a while, and I always felt better...but the Word wasn't a big part of my life till now.
Dont get me wrong, I've still got eons to go before I'm one of those bonfide "preachy" types, but I've definitely learned a lot about God and the power of his Word and have only begun to really read the Bible and its message since my pregnancies and miscarriages. It all started when I began attending weekly bible studies with a co-worker of mine at work. It's a small thing, this Bible study, but it's definitely opened my eyes to a whole new way of looking at faith and God. My bible study teacher (and co-worker) is also a Catholic (and a blessing), but she doesn't teach like a Catholic...she teaches more like someone from a more Word-based church - such as The Word of Life or New Hope or....(see I'm so new at this, I dont even know the names of the churches). Anyways, through her, and recently logging on to the Kenneth Copeland website to receive daily devotionals, and through reading other bloggers of faith, I've learned so much and am still learning daily.
I believe that I've grown closer to God as a result of my losses. There were times, and there still are times, when my faith was shaken...for instance, after my first loss, I asked God and prayed that my second pregnancy would be ok, and when that didn't happen, I felt abandoned by God, because I knew he had the power to intervene and give me a healthy pregnancy, but didn't. But as time went on, I realized that I was not abandoned by God. I still dont know why it happened (physically I may now know - it may be due to the fibroid). Perhaps it happened because God wanted me to grow even more closer to him.... Perhaps God wanted me to discover the fibroid and have it removed now before it really grew too big....Perhaps God knew that if the second pregnancy had continued, He would have slowly faded out of my life and become the small part of it that He had been pre-pregnancy. Anyways, this is all speculation...i dont really know all the answers, and I could even be wrong in my speculations.
What I do know now, is that my faith is growing daily and I'm continously working on making it grow even stronger. I'm learning so much more about God and will be that much more able to raise my children with God and the Word being a bigger part of their lives. So I've come to terms with my situation (well, I'm working on it) and know that there is a reason for what happened to me...
I also know that my biggest desire is to become a mommy and to bear children with my husband. God knows this is my desire, and I have faith that he will grant my desire when it's right for me. Till then, I'll have to walk this journey of faith on my path to motherhood, trusting that He will make it right in the end.
You have 4 official followers :) I have your link on my blog so I know when you update.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, you are an inspiration. I went to 1 church service after my miscarriage (had attended regularly prior) and haven't been back since and I know I am missing so much. I think you can share the joy and understanding of faith without being preachy, and you are doing a wonderful job! Blessings to you!
One thing my pastor said during a sermon that really hit home for me was "God always answers prayers. Sometimes he answers by saying no, because he loves us to much to say yes." Meaning God knows what is about to happen in our lives and even if we want something so badly, it may just not be the right time.
ReplyDeleteI hope all goes well with your surgery! ICLW
Wow. That was a really powerful message to me. I'm a fellow catholic but have not felt particularly close to the Lord for having dealt me a a couple of fibroids and infertility. But reading your post reminds me that God is not to blame for my misfortune and that there is a positive end in sight for me. Thank you for sharing your faith.
ReplyDeleteICLW
and that is what faith is all about - belief that something will happen even if you have never been told that it will absolutely happen.
ReplyDeleteHere from ICLW, which I almost totally forgot about until I got a comment - luckily!!
IF definitely has a way of testing your faith. I believe that everything happens for a reason and for His greater good but sometime wish He could just tell me what His plan is for me. It would just make it so much easier. However, I guess it would not be Faith then would it?
ReplyDeleteThis is so well written and thoughtful...may I add this to the charity give-away?
ReplyDeleteI learned alot from my miscarriages too...alot about myself and God's love. My daughter-in-law recently miscarried and I really did think my heart would be broken in two over it...but somehow God's grace saw us all through it!
I will pray for God's pece and grace to be present for you and you Hubby!
Ronda
While I don't believe that God causes unfortunate things in our lives to happen, I do believe He sometimes allows them to happen. Because, whereas, we see a small little piece of the puzzle, He sees the big picture. He always knows what is best. I think He uses these times of struggle to draw us closer to Himself. It is then up to us to use that time wisely to draw near to Him and allow Him to fit all the puzzle pieces together rather than us trying shove pieces that don't fit together. I'll be praying for you. Thanks for stopping by!
ReplyDeleteICLW
This really touched my heart. Last year, I walked through a difficult time of my own, and I drew closer to God than I ever had before. Now that I'm through it, my faith is so much sweeter now that it's been tested. He can be trusted in good times and bad!
ReplyDeleteICLW
Hello again...I have put the poll up ...you may want to let all your bloggy friends know what cahrity you are blogging for!
ReplyDelete:)
Beautifully written.
ReplyDeleteI think perhaps one of the biggest challenges to a Christian living with IF is that God's plan is bigger than all of us, he stands with us even when we don't realise it.
ICLW
It's just hard. I have to trust that God is using this process to grow and stretch my faith -- otherwise, it really would be too much. Thanks for such an honest post. Peace to you. Here from ICLW.
ReplyDeleteSometimes G-d wants us to do strange things to become parents. If I hadn't done IVF, I definitely wouldn't be pregnant with twins--and that's exactly what He wanted. Good luck! Here from ICLW.
ReplyDeleteDear Lord, Please give peace at this time. Cover her in your hedge of protection and give her faith to believe in you.
ReplyDeleteFill her with your strength so that she may get through each day, knowing You are there with her every step of the way. I pray for her comfort in knowing You are in control. Amen.
Here from IComLeavWe... (adoption,pregnancy loss, IVF twins)
My Little Drummer Boys
PS the follow me - doesn't show up on your blog
I am really impressed with your strength, it is so much easier to blame God then to embrace Him. I have lived my whole life as a Christian and I still struggle with this. Your post was a real encouragement to me, and I will be praying that God continues to reveal Himself to you.
ReplyDeleteI heard a pastor once say, "God will not waste your pain". I am still trying to figure out what that means, but it is comforting to know that He is with us and using even the worst situations for Good.