Thursday, November 13, 2008

False alarm - no AF yet

The spotting I saw is gone today. WTH!??? it's a good thing I'm not able to start TTC anyway due to the fibroid or I'd be going bananas. I'm also glad I have that doctor's appt. next wednesday to discuss the fibroid...I can ask about the lack of AF. Tomorrow it will be 7 weeks since the D&C and no AF. Ack!!!!

Good news is - according to the "oh so scientific" sperm meets egg website (http://www.pregnancyloss.info/first_period.htm) (where I go for all of my info for the recovery after a mc) - this could still be my first period. Spotting for a couple days, stop, then heavier bleeding is a normal first period after a mc. Also according to this website, I may not actually see AF for another week or so since I actually didn't start bleeding from the D&C until 1 week after the surgery was done.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! Thanks for all of your super encouraging comments on my blog. I am so incredibly sorry for all you have been through and I am looking forward to following all of you story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having problems with your AF too! AF came for me on Saturday, sort of. It's been really odd, but lasted 6 days. I took another test today, because AF stopped, but I'm still having some dull aching/cramping. I was afraid it was another MC. Well, it was a BFN! I have a doctor's appointment on Monday... we'll see what he says.

    ReplyDelete
  3. B:
    It is very possible that AF will not arrive for a little bit. With our m/c I did not beginning my cycle again or see AF again until May. That of course was after we m/c'ed in February.

    I think it is probably just God's way of helping your body heal and get ready so after you have the fibroid removed, your healthy pregnancy will happen quickly! BTW. I saw on WTE that you and hubby recently had your Anniversary and I feel really bad that I didn't comment. Happy belated Anniversary! I hope, (and am sure) you had a wonderful day!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete