Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Got a call from my doc

Yesterday, Dr. M called. Unfortunately, I still do NOT have a surgery appt. date, but at least he called me. He said that his assistant will be calling me soon to set up the surgery appt. date as well as the pre-surgery appt. date with him. He also told me that the surgery will be similar to a D&C except that I'll experience more cramping afterward and I should expect to feel a little out of it for the rest of the day after the surgery. He also confirmed that my constant spotting going on now 10 days after my period is the result of the fibroid. Thank God I'm getting it removed now. Whew. He also said that generally the OR rooms are booked 2 weeks in advance, so if that darn assistant calls me this week, I can hope to have a surgery appt. date the week of Dec. 8. Last, but not least, I asked if Dr. M could be my primary doctor. He said sure, he wants to be sure that I'm happy with my treatment. I explained that while I'm happy with Dr. B's treatment, since I have a more complicated case, I'll need to see a doctor who is able to perform the procedures I need. It's clear that he's a doctor that can, (duh, since she referred me to him).

In other brief news, I'll be traveling to a neighbor island via a ferry for the holidays to spend time with my family. DH and I leave tomorrow and we're excited. We're taking our doggie with us too. This is a big deal, b/c our doggie hasn't traveled with us since he was just a few months old. Everytime DH and I travel, we miss our doggie and worry about him. Now we do not have to worry about him anymore. This little doggie is such a spoiled doggie. I cannot wait till we have children upon whom we can lavish our love.

Thank you all for trying to vote for my blog on Ronda's Rants. I think voting ends today, so if you haven't done so, please go vote for me. (See my last blog for more details).

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you finally got some answers. Hopefully you can get everything taken care of quickly. Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time on the island! Sounds wonderful! We love traveling with our doggies, too. It's just not the same without them sitting on our laps as we drive wherever. Happy T-day! ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time! Thank you for your encouraging comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopig you can get your surgery scheduled soon, and that it goes smoothly!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your upcoming surgery. Enjoy your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your trip! Hope you get the surgery scheduled soon and that fibroid is soon history.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time on the island! Hope you get your surgery date soon. Waiting sucks!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete