I'm a little over 6 weeks pregnant and have felt like I haven't had much symptoms. I think I've been feeing slight nausea early in the mornings and sometimes in the middle of the night, but nothing to really fret over. If I didn't know I was pregnant, I wouldn't even notice it. So, I decided to peruse over my posts from the same time in my pregnancy with Kaua. Back then, I was feeling nausea, constipation and sore nipples. So far, the bbs are just fine, but I forgot about constipation. I think I'm having a slight case of that too. Nothing super noticeable, but now that I think about it, I didn't have much in the way of toilet production both yesterday and today, despite feeling like I had to go. So I guess I can chalk that up as a pregnancy symptom. I'm not sure if I'm more tired than usual. I feel tired, but what mom of a 1 year old doesn't feel tired? lol...so not sure if that counts.
I've been having a couple strange dreams over the past week. I've already dreamt twice that I had a miscarriage. Once I dreamt that my period came and I wasn't that sad about it because I wasn't quite ready for #2, but last night I dreamt that I had a miscarriage and you could actually see a tiny little baby (gross, I know). I was abit more bummed about that in my dream because as the days pass, the idea of this child is growing on me. So when I woke up, I was glad it was just a dream. I wonder if these dreams are just my subconcious way of expressing my anxiety. I mean, I feel fairly confident that there is going to be a healthy baby in 9 months, but still, I will not feel 100% until we have our first ultrasound and see everything is going smoothly.
I just received a questionnaire packet in the mail from my doctors about this pregnancy. Although I have Kaiser, I have a different clinic since we moved, and I guess they mail out a questionnaire packet for the expectant mom to fill out. It asks bizarre questions like "Do you think you'll have a problem staying off drugs and alcohol during your pregnancy?" or "Have you been raped since your last period?" It's actually kind of sad that such questions need to be asked. I filled them out. And also read some of the info pamphlets they provided. I was reminded that I'm not supposed to eat large tuna fish (what we call ahi) in quantities over 6oz in 1-2 weeks due to the potentially high mercury contamination. Ooopsie, I forgot and had some at a christmas party the other night. Guess we have to cut that out! ugh. No caffeine, no alcohol, no fish...no fun for me during the holidays. lol.
I think I have 16 more days till the ultra sound. While that seems like very long, I know it'll come in no time. I just POAS again, for fun, since the internet cheapie tests I have are expired and will be no good any other pregnancy. The Test line showed up first and was much more darker than the control line. While that doesn't tell me much other than I have a very high HCG count right now, it was reassuring to see. Cant wait to have that first ultrasound appointment!
No comments:
Post a Comment