Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Gummy bear no more!

So yesterday, my little guy did this:

He stood up on his own. He's still not crawling (but trying really hard to army crawl!), but he's very very into standing up. So sometimes, I'll prop him up on the couch so he can watch the "action" in the kitchen. He's been feeling really sturdy lately, so I decided to let him go and he was able to balance himself standing up for a short time. I made DH run to get the camera to capture the moment. (Of course I'm there to catch him should he fall, hence my hand in the picture.)

And TODAY, my little gummy bear is no longer.......his first tooth is just barely poking through! I've been feeling his gums for what seems like months now, expecting a tooth and nothing. I was beginning to think he'd be a gummy bear for life. But nope, this morning, I discovered a change in his gums. We've got a little tooth! You can barely see it (when you get a very short lived glimpse into Kaua's mouth), but it's coming! I'm excited, but at the same time nostolgic. This is the end of an era. I wonder if his whole life will be like this....excited that he's making it to the next milestone, but nostoligc that my little boy is growing up. I'm a little surprised he's toothing. He didn't seem more fussy than normal, but then again, when I think about it, he has been a little whiny lately. I had just chalked it up to him becoming more needy of me. Maybe it was the tooth?

Summer is going well. We're having TONS of fun doing outdoor activities. Going to the beach or the pool on a weekly basis at least. Lotsa travel plans too. We already did one short trip and are doing two more over the next month interisland. Still on the job hunt, but am not letting that damper our fun!

And now for more cutie patootie photos:










1 comment:

  1. He is soooo cute!!! awww, congrats on the tooth! these kids are growing sooo fast!!!

    ReplyDelete