And lately, he's been such the drooler. We've had to keep him in bibs or his clothes would be all wet. I think this means he's getting to the age where he's learning about new things by putting it in his mouth and therefore, his mouth is preparing for all of that tasting he's about to do by making extra saliva.
It's so amazing to see him learning new things! However, I'm still waiting for him to roll over. He seems quite content to just stay on his back and hasn't really progressed much during his tummy time, despite the number of times we put him on his tummy. Ah well, each baby progresses at his own pace.
Lately, he's also been saying "mum, mum, mum." which to me sounds a lot like "mom, mom, mom" and of course, I tease DH to no end saying he's calling me. I dont think he really knows that he's saying mom, but it's a start! DH was at first a little jealous and has been trying to teach Kaua, da-da-da, but it's not working. But DH has found a way to turn it around on me by saying that every time Kaua cries, he's calling me (because he does say "mum, mum, mum" mostly when he's irratated or crying) and then hands over the whining baby for me to comfort. Uh-oh, I wonder if this could be the beginning of the trend where the crying turns into nagging for mommy?
As for my life, I'm still a stay at home mom and am starting to feel a bit guilty about not contributing to our finances. I've made a promise to myself to really start applying and looking for jobs come March, right after we take a neighbor island trip to visit with friends and go to a wedding....
He's so cute!! Pookah has started the drooling thing too. I see lots of bibs in our future! And i feel you on the clothes. Most of his 3 month clothes dont fit!
ReplyDelete