Friday, April 3, 2009

Feeling normal.

It's amazing what a difference one day can make. I woke up this morning and I feel completely normal. I must have definitely been feeling morning sickness yesterday, because now that I feel back to normal, I can tell the difference. Am I worried that I dont feel any symptoms today? Not one bit (ok, well maybe just a teeny, tiny, tad bit, but really, I'm not going to give in to fear at all). I've read that symptoms can come and go, and today must be a "go" day. That's fine by me. =)

Things with DH are back to normal as I suspected. You know how marriages go, you have mostly good days, but once in a while you have an argument that turns into a bad day (or for us, a bad evening). We're getting really excited with upcoming plans for a two week vacation we're taking from April 30 through May 14 (27 days from now!!). We're heading to NYC, Washington DC and Virginia. The excuse is to see DH's mom and sister who recently moved to Virginia, but the real reason is to go to NYC and DC. We both have never been (well I went to DC when I was little, but dont really remember much), so we're super excited! This will be our first trip since our honeymoon last fall. To get us in the mood, we're having a movie night tonight, where we'll watch our home video footage from our honeymoon. We've never really watched our video footage from the honeymoon so it'll be good to get into the excitement of traveling and get some pointers on how to take a better home video.

We'll be staying in two very nice hotels while in NYC and DC and we're really excited because we dont normally splurge. (Actually, we didn't splurge this time either, we're using a family rate from my Uncle who works in a hotel in the Waldorf-Astoria hotel line!). We've also got tickets to see the New York Yankess v. the Boston Red Sox (a rivalry which I hear is the game to see!). We have plans to watch a Broadway play too, not sure which one, but I've heard great things about Wicked. I've also written to my local congressperson to try and get us a tour in the White House. There's so much to do and so much to see, I'm sure we'll be jam packed with stuff.

And on the telling people front... Last night I had dinner with a very close group of girlfriends. We call ourselves the pho-5 because the 5 of us always go out to eat pho about once a month and have been doing so for a few years now. I did not tell them about the prior pregnancies and losses until a few weeks after the events (except for one of them who is a very close friend who knew about them as they were ongoing). However, when I told them about my history, they were soooo supportive. Hence, this time around I made the decision to keep them in the loop because ultimately they'll be my support group if anything should go wrong (which NOTHING WILL so I dont even want to type that) or my cheering squad when everything goes right (WHICH IT WILL). When I told them my news, it was soo cute. I waited all through dinner to get the courage, then finally told them. They were sooooo excited for me and one even yelled out loud in the restaraunt. They now know how much I want to become a mommy and have seen the difficulties I've faced. It was nice to hear someone else's excitement about my pregnancy. I guess I haven't really let myself get excited yet, so it was fun to hear others be excited for me.

But in the excitement department, I have big plans to be excited. In about 11 days, I will be one excited little momma, equipped with a perfect ultrasound photo of our little miracle.

3 comments:

  1. Symptoms do come and go each day. Somedays may seem like the only energy you have is to kneel before the porcelin god and give it offering.. :) Then other days you will feel like superwoman! Hopefully your symptoms won't get too bad and then sometime, as you near the end of the 1st trimester, your early prego symptoms will wear off and you will start to feel like a normal human being again. Around that time, since you will most likely not be feeling the little one starting to move yet, you may feel almost a little disconnected from baby, and start thinking am I even still prego? Because your body will feel just about like it does prior to baby. The trip to the East Coast sounds wonderful. I now have something to look forward to reading about in a few weeks, when I am up to my ears in diapers! I am getting so impatient to hear the news about your u/s!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to go to DC. It is one of those trips that Hubby & I always talk about but have never done. And throw in a NYC trip? It will be fantastic!

    I'm also looking forward to your perfect u/s photo! Just 11 more days . . .

    Thank you so much for the comment on my site. I know just what you mean about reading back on other blogs to see what they were experiencing. If you ever have any questions or just want to vent, feel free to email me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Symptoms change daily. No worries. We just got back from DC and Virginia 3 weeks ago. Loved it! I had been there but The D had not. They have just redone the American History museum and in addition to the Air and Space museum on the mall there is a new one by Dulles airport that is pretty cool if you are into that kind of stuff. Wear comfy shoes and have a great time!

    ReplyDelete