My journey to and through motherhood through faith in God. The biggest life challenge I have ever had to endure.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Stranger Recognition
Kaua is starting to recognize strangers. I really noticed it when I was visiting my dad over the weekend. Unfortunately, my dad is not and has not been a full time resident of the county in which we live for a while now, so he has seen Kaua infrequently. So when I gave Kaua to my dad to hold him, Kaua started crying and making the cutest saddest little face. We tried to “tough it out” by letting Kaua stay in my dad’s arms while I talked to him or played with him, but Kaua wouldn’t have it. He proceeded to cry and his howls got louder and louder till it was a full blown fit. I gave in and took Kaua back and he immediately stopped crying, but he had cried so hard, he had those after-cry sobs (you know, those kind that you cant stop escaping from your mouth no matter how hard you try?). I’d never heard him have those sobs before, so this must have been one very serious cry. Poor thing. Of course, Kaua is fine, but I hope that overtime, we can continue to visit my dad and get Kaua used to his grandpa. It’s the only one he has (other than his great grandpa and my mom’s BF whom we call Grandzim). I feel the most bad for my dad though. Due to his absence here, he is a stranger to all three of my brothers kids, and perhaps he may be one to Kaua. Not if I can help it though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment