(Yeah, I just posted 3 separate posts on 1 day).
I started working 2 weeks ago. I now work partime at a small plaintiff's firm. I work 3 days a week. It's a different type of firm than my old one, so the work is different. I'm finding that I dont really care for it much. But the pay is decent and I can work part time! =) So I'm sticking with it for now.
We're lucky in the babysitting department. I'm able to adjust one of my 3 days to work around DH's firefighting schedule. And if both he and I happen to be working on the same day, we have my grandmother who can watch Kaua. She does babysit my brother's three kids too (but two of them are in school already), and she only has them on Wed - Friday, so it's not too crowded very often.
I was worried how I'd take being away from Kaua for 8 hours a day...but so far so good. I think it's harder for him than it is for me. =( It is sorta nice to have some time to myself though. Being a SAHM is hard work! I can also feel like I have a career and that all those years spent at school have not gone to waste.
And its sooo wonderful to come home to an extra smiley baby who is totally glad to see me. =) Everyone says they can tell he misses me while I'm away. And I do miss that little guy too. When I walk in that door, his face lights up and he just laughs and smiles up a storm. Makes me feel pretty awesome!
This does cut into my work out schedule though (I dont want to spend an extra minute away from him, so I dont get to exercise on the days i work). I'm still trying to lose those last 10 lbs!!! Ugh!!
Congrats on the part time job! Sounds like you have a great schedule so you can be with Kaua for part of the week, too. Post more pics of that cutie when you get a chance!!!
ReplyDeleteAhh! I know the feeling.. but I agree with you on needing time for yourself! I work full time, from home, but I still take Olivia to school and Gaby to a babysitter since I really need time to focus on work at times!
ReplyDeleteGlad things are working out for you! ;)
pfft. the last time i saw you, you looked great. i don't know what extra 10 lbs you're talking about.
ReplyDeletei hope the new job goes well and that it evolves over time to be a better fit.
love following your blogs. miss you