Friday, January 29, 2010

9 weeks old today and more changes...

With an infant things are always changing...

Kaua's latest changes:

1) his eyes are turning brown. He was born with grey eyes and DH and I were super stoked about that b/c we both have boring brown eyes, so we hoped he'd have cool grey eyes. Nope, they're turning brown now.

2) Kaua has just discovered his hands. Not in the sense that he stares at them or realizes that they are there or what they are used for. He just knows that he can put hand to mouth to commense sucking. He is definitely a "sucker". He pacifies himself to sleep at my breast (I know, it's bad....but it works). He doesn't really like or get the pacifier (he tounges it, doesn't really understand that he can suck it and it will provide him the same sense of comfort), so I'm kinda glad he's discovered his hands. Maybe they'll replace the pacifier, which I heard can be difficult if baby is trying to sleep and if falls out. The irratating thing is that sucking his hand causes him to drool immensely, so he or the area where he's lying can get pretty wet. Sucking his hand is also his favorite past time when we're doing tummy exercises, so I have to constantly pull his hand out of his mouth so that he'll practice lifting his head up.

3) Speaking of tummy time, today was the first day that Kaua turned his head from one side to the other on his own. Before, I'd have to turn his head for him, but today, 2x in a row, I turned his head one way (away from the direction he favors ---which is towards the t.v.) and he turned his head back on his own. I'm so proud of him! He struggles at tummy time (in lifting his enormous head), so this is definitely a huge feat for him!

4) as we were driving downtown today, Kaua only put up a little fight in his carseat. The rest of the ride he was very quiet. i assumed he fell asleep, but when I looked, he was still up! He was calmly looking out the window. That's the first time I noticed him doing that. It's like he's discovered the car windows and noticed that the scenes change outside. Super cool! I hope this means more calm car rides.... We shall see....

In other news...I'm dont think the halau will be a good fit for me. they are a bit strict-er than I'd prefer. I'm more interested in dancing for fun. This seems more like it'd be a chore for me. I'm giving it one more go today, before I make my decision. I'm bummed, but oh well, I have to do what is right for me. I have another job interview today....Last interview went well, but the place is not a good fit for me. they'd demand too much from me, time which I'm not prepared to give at this point in my life. I made it perfectly clear and hense, I dont think I'd be able to fill their needs, nor they fill mine. I'm kinda glad though, because I didn't want to work for this place anyways.....they're reputations are as hard asses. Definitely not my speed. Today's interview should be better. My old boss said this place would be a better fit for me. We'll see....

2 comments:

  1. Kaua and Eliza sound very similar! Hating the car seat, LOVING to suck, but hating the pacifier...! But don't feel bad about nursing him to sleep, it's not bad, it's what you need to do right now. I think people get too hard on moms for stuff like that, and we're just doing what our babies need. They are still so little! They need us, and if they need to nurse to sleep, so be it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing to see all the little changes? I used to secretly make fun of other new moms and now I have completely turned into THAT person.

    Good luck on the job search. Little Kaua is your priority and it is so important to find a job that ~fits~.

    ReplyDelete